Chocolate, Almond, Orange Zest Biscotti
Posted on February 28 2017
This lovely biscotti is another wonderful recipe from The Foodie Teen (http://thefoodieteen.com). Made with almonds and Orange zest (the zest is optional) and drizzled with Chocolate. Perfect for cosy afternoons inside with a nice warm cup of tea or hot chocolate!
What You Need...
- 2 cups (200g) ground almonds
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- zest of half an unwaxed orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- around 100g high-quality dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients except the dark chocolate in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Using wet hands, form the dough into a thin, wide log (about 3 inches by 8 inches) on the parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooled down a little, cut the two logs at an angle into 1-inch thick slices. Arrange these slices face-down on the baking tray, then bake for another 15-20 minutes, until golden and becoming nice and crunchy.
- Let them cool completely, then drizzle with or dip the ends into dark chocolate.
- ENJOY! :)