Raw Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe, asana of the week & 'Save a Yoga Mat' spotlight!
Posted on April 26 2016
We hope you are all doing well - if you have been trying out our recipes in the last few weeks please let us know how they worked out! We love to hear your feedback, and of course if there is anything you would like us to include please feel free to ask - whether its a recipe of your own, or you want us to come up with something for you!
This week we are spotlighting some of our favourite 'rescued yoga mats' from the Outlet. We have watched the Outlet grow since the launch in January with absolute glee! Again, if you need help choosing please do let us know! If you are a teacher and want to let your students know about the Outlet please let us know and we can pop some fliers in the post for you :-)
Yours in Yoga,
Lynda & Abbie
Raw, vegan & healthy blueberry cheesecake....yes, really!
Another easy to make & super tasty recipe! This is an easy one to throw together the night before for having friends for dinner or bringing along to a picnic or party! You can also freeze this but it works best fresh!
The base is made using dates and sunflower seeds - full of selenium, magnesium, vitamin E & folate! The vegan cheesecake layer is made from soaked and ground cashews, agave, blueberries and lime juice! Blueberries are full of fibre, vitamin C, vitamin K & manganese and have an exceptionally high antioxidant capacity. They have been known to lower blood pressure, help to prevent heart disease and maintain brain function and improve memory!
Ingredients (for the crust):
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 packed cups whole pitted dates
For the cheesecake layer:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for a few hours
- 2 cups blueberries, frozen & slightly thawed
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- To make the crust combine the sunflower seeds, dates and vanilla in the food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles wet crumbs and sticks together when pressed between fingers.
- Press the crumbs into the prepared pan using the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass.
- Drain the rinse the cashews and blend until completely smooth adding the blueberries, agave, lemon/lime juice and salt until fully combined.
- Pour over the prepared crust and freeze for at least 2 hours. Let sit on the counter for 15mins before serving.
Asana of the week!
Boat Pose (or Navasana)!
Boat pose strengthens the hips, thighs and abdominal muscles as well improving balance and coordination! It improves digestion, develops focus & concentration and stimulates the kidneys, thyroid and prostate glands! It is also a wonderful pose for balancing the Sacral Chakra (home to our self-confidence, emotions & ego). In Boat pose we are able to progress over time and see improvement in our own strength by holding the pose longer - we prove to ourselves we are capable, as well as firing up the core!